As borders open up and flights resume, tourism picks up throughout the Southeast Asia region. Our team at AFT has compiled this list of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for those who are travelling to popular destinations like Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand & Vietnam. Travel safe and always follow the SOPs. Enjoy!
Starting 1 May 2022, fully-vaccinated inbound travellers are no longer required to undergo pre-departure and on-arrival COVID-19 tests, including children aged 12 and below as well as for those who have been infected with COVID-19 within six to 60 days before departure to Malaysia. Travel insurance will also not be a prerequisite for foreigners entering the country.
Traveller’s Checklist into Malaysia:
- Download the MySejahtera app and create an account.
- Fill-up the digital pre-departure form via the ‘Traveller’ icon on MySejahtera.
- Verify your digital COVID-19 vaccine certificate. If you have previously verified your digital vaccination certificate on the MySejahtera application, you can skip this step.
- New International Travel Regulations to Enter Indonesia as of 28 April 2022 – Indonesia Travel
- Indonesia Travel
As of 28 April 2022, all International travelers, both Indonesian citizens and foreign nationals can enter Indonesia through the assigned entry points by air and sea (list displayed in the website above).
Travellers must abide with the strict health protocols implemented by the Indonesian government and must download the PeduliLindungi app before departure.
Travellers must show certificates (physical and digital) of having received a complete dose of COVID-19 vaccine consisting of two doses and/or a booster (third) vaccine which are administered 14 days before departure at the earliest as a requirement to enter Indonesia with conditions stated in the website above.
Indonesian citizens must show proof (physical and digital) of having received a complete dose of COVID-19 vaccine consisting of two doses and/or a booster (third) vaccine as a requirement to enter Indonesia, and in the event that the Indonesian citizens have not received vaccine abroad, they will be vaccinated in the quarantine place in Indonesia after a second RT-PCR examination with negative results;
The Indonesian government accepts all kinds of COVID-19 vaccine administered to international travelers.
In the event of foreign nationals have not received vaccine abroad, they will be vaccinated in the quarantine place upon arrival in Indonesia after a second RT-PCR examination with negative results (refer to the website above for full description).
From 1 April 2022, there will be specific entry requirements in place based on whether you are fully vaccinated or non-fully vaccinated.
We welcome all fully vaccinated visitors* to Singapore. No entry approvals, pre-departure tests, on-arrival tests and quarantine required.
*Fully vaccinated visitors and non-fully vaccinated children aged 12 and below will be allowed to enter Singapore.
- Obtain proof of vaccination and upload vaccination certificate onto the Vaccination Check Portal.
- Secure tickets for any flight to Singapore.
- Download the TraceTogether app and register your profile.
- 3 days before departure: Submit SG Arrival Card and e-health declaration via the official and free e-service on the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) website.
- Thailand Travel Restrictions | ThaiEmbassy.com
- List of 64 countries that have visa exemption for travel to Thailand
- Facebook Group: How to enter Thailand
- Tourism Thailand
Travelers may enter Thailand with or without quarantine based on their vaccination status and country of departure.
New entry requirements were introduced on May 1, 2022 but always check on the websites above for updates prior to your departure.
- Fully Vaccinated travelers will no longer need to apply to enter Thailand under the Test & Go or Sandbox scheme. A vaccinated traveler does not need to book 1 night’s accommodation in an approved SHA+ hotel or complete an RT-PCR test on arrival. Fully vaccinated foreigners will need to provide proof of insurance and their vaccination certificate when applying for Thailand Pass. Thai Nationals only need to provide their vaccination certificate as insurance is not required.Unvaccinated children under 18 years old may travel with vaccinated parents without quarantine.
- Unvaccinated travelers will have 2 options for entering Thailand:
- Unvaccinated travelers will be able to enter Thailand under the existing 5-day Alternate Quarantine scheme; OR
- Unvaccinated travelers will be able to avoid the 5-day Alternate Quarantine by completing an RT-PCR test and uploading the result into their Thailand Pass application. The test cannot be older than 72 hours before their arrival date. Book your AQ Hotel Quarantine today.
On 15 March 2022, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism issued Guidance on reopening the tourism activities under the new normal with the spirit “Adapting safely, flexibly and controlling the COVID-19 pandemic effectively” following the directions of the Government and the Prime Minister.
All Vietnam destinations are open. No self-isolation is required.
Here are key points of the new guidelines: RT-PCR test + visa + travel insurance now accepted for entry.
Upon arrival, you must present:
- Negative Covid-19 test result per passenger:
Travelers entering via air: Present a negative SARS-CoV-2 test result (except for children under 2 years old) using RT-PCR/RT-LAMP method within 72 hours before entry into Vietnam. Or have a negative rapid test result within 24 hours before departure, certified by the competent authority of the country where the test is performed.
Travelers entering via land, rail and sea routes: Present negative test results as mentioned in the section above. In case not presenting proof of a negative test result for SARS-CoV-2 as specified above, entrants are required to undergo a SARS-CoV-2 test at the border gate before entry (using RT-PCR/RT-LAMP method or rapid antigen test for SARS-CoV-2). Upon receiving a negative SARS-CoV-2 test result, they are allowed to enter and join tour activities. If the RT – PCR test result returns positive, they must follow strictly the regulations of the health authority.
Children under 2 years old are not required to be tested for SARS-CoV-2. Having not been vaccinated against COVID-19 or having never been infected with SARS-CoV-2 before, they are allowed to enter and to join outdoor activities with their parents and relatives.
- Proof of valid medical/travel insurance covering Covid-19 treatment. Minimum cover USD10,000 (Link to info).
- Downloaded PC-Covid mobile app (Apple/Google Play) which must be presented to enter all VN establishments.
Liked this? Share it with someone.
AustraliaFitnessToday.com Travelling to Southeast Asia’s popular destinations? is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license. Source: https://www.australiafitnesstoday.com/2022/05/17/travelling-to-southeast-asia/